Bug and todo tracking system brainstorming

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr
Sat Aug 12 09:43:30 UTC 2006

hi all

here are some brainstorming about how we could use gjallar to manage
bugs fix and todo for smalltalk applications. We need inputs
since we would like that the community takes benefit of it.

Here is a draft of Compass (you can also propose a better name)

A group of people (everybody but would be good that people register
first) can declare bugs or todo = we should give them a name
Bugfinders

A group of people (the same) can comment give feedback, tests, fix
Bugfinder

A different group of people (the dispatchers)
	- can assign bugs to project
	- discard them
	- filter them
	- change the bugs status

A group of people
	- can register to a bug to get notified when it is fixed (may be rss
is enough)
	- can assign the bug to himself

A bugfinder can close its own bugs since it may be a mistake

A package responsible/image
	- is a dispatcher that can
		- close bugs
		- reissue them