Does the Announcements List Have Any Value?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Aug 14 11:55:35 UTC 2006

There have been no submission to the Announcements list

since early in July.  Has everyone just forgotten about it or do we
simply not feel that a seperate announcements list has any value?  There
are currently 109 subscribers to this list who apparently feel it has
enough value to have subscribed to it.

My idea in setting up this list was to provide a way for those with a
passing interest in Squeak, but not enough to monitor Squeak-dev, to be
notified about new developments within the community.  I expected that
anytime someone had an announcement that they would post it to the
Squeak-dev list as usual but also Cc the announcements list.

Maybe we just haven't developed that habit yet?

Ken