[ANN] testing tools ...

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Aug 15 09:03:45 UTC 2006

Hi Stef,

on Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:27:24 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Stefan is doing a master on test smells and we would really like to know
> what bothers you the most.
> Stefan is implementing TestLint to encode all kinds of test Smells. But
> your input is worth for us. :)

Everything that is checked when a ChangeSet is filed out.

Instance creation without using one of the messages offered in the
'instance-creation' message category.

" self new " and " super new " followed by more than one message (with or
without argument) sent to the new instance.

Sending #isMemberOf: or #isKindOf: or #respondsTo: to non-arguments.

Sending #includesBehavior: or #canUnderstand: to a literal variable (to a
named class).

[something value].

Sending messages of the 'private' message category to non-self's.

/Klaus