About using squeak to script...

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 15 15:45:10 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> writes:
> Yes but I do not know how to do it and I think that it would be
> ****really**** important to have that per default
> and also on most of the platforms.

It would be nice.  While these things might be easy for experienced
people, they are real nuisance for newbies.  Why not go ahead and set
all this up so that new users can Just Do It ?

By the way, another thing you want to do is make errors print stack
traces and compile errors on stdout and/or a log file, when the image
is in script-running mode.  Otherwise, whenever there is an error, the
user will see nothing happen except that Squeak freezes!

-Lex