PackageInfo in 3.9 (was: Re: FFI on Squeakmap)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 15 17:22:31 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse wrote:
>> There is one problem left, namely that an unload of the FFI will only
>> be clean if and only if PackageInfo is updated first. 3.9 contains an
>> outdated version of PI which does not support scripts properly and
>> while loading seems to work okay (mostly because the load script will
>> be executed even if not preserved) unloading will require manual
>> cleanup. Can't be helped at this point.
>
> Do you know how to do that?
> Goran which version of PackageInfo should I load.

I don't. One of the problems is that the packages in the image do not
have their "home" location associated with it, and I don't know where
the primary repository for PI is (compare this for example with the FFI
where, after installing it from SM, Monticello points straight to
source.sqf.org). This should be fixed - even though the 3.9a repository
may be necessary for integration, packages should definitely have their
"primary" repositories associated with them.

Cheers,
   - Andreas