Proposal for Extensible Primitives (was: FFI)

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 16 20:45:28 UTC 2006

On 16 août 06, at 17:36, Andreas Raab wrote:

> A transition implies that the proposed change is desirable or
> necessary. This is not the case. The idea to change the syntax of
> the FFI is a classic "fresh from the ivory tower" idea, neglecting
> the realities of an already deployed, perfectly working and
> functioning system.

Andreas just says that lukas is an idiot. This is more direct. Do not
tell me that having a migration period would not work. And do not
tell us that the hacks introduced in the compiler are nice. What
lukas was proposing was a really nice way to integrate FFI with
pragmas without having these compiler hacks. You know like me that
lukas is quite good and often right so at least respect him.

Stef

PS: we all know that we are random refactorers (thanks for this nice
formula this is the best insult I ever got
and the more I think about it the better I like it).