Stef's departure from the SqueakFoundation board

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Sat Aug 19 14:27:16 UTC 2006

Craig Latta a écrit :

>      Of course, our situation as a community is inherently and
> unavoidably political, the scarce resource being the time that people
> can spend on Squeak development. I have participated in this community
> for its entire existence. I have seen heated exchanges over whose work
> should be "accepted", without money at stake. I think the situation is
> very likely to be worse if money is involved. It is unclear to everyone
> (including Stef, as far as I can tell) which projects are worthy of
> bounties, how large each bounty should be, and how preferred submissions
> should be chosen. Any one of these ambiguities invites disaster.

I don't understand this concern about money. After all money is just the
 exchange unit used in our world to get work done.
The free software communities has been using it at a lot, probably I
should even wrote the free software communities is  using it as much as
it can. The FSF is using it to support and develop its software, Linux
is largely supported that way, and Squeak has been largely developed
with money.

So really I don't see the concern about money injected by SqF to support
Squeak improvement. This is really what is needed.
Looks like odd concerns.

Hilaire