Stef's departure from the SqueakFoundation board

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sun Aug 20 00:23:37 UTC 2006

Andreas Raab wrote:

> I think it's time for both of you to get out of it for a while (see
> above). Finish up 3.9 and let the board deal with it - if the board is
> really as incapable as you seem to think it'll show really quickly. In
> the mean time I happen to think that someone a little less ... ugh ...
> involved, might be a better person to deal with releases. Less coding,
> more management, if you know what I mean. Do we have any producers /
> product manager types out there?

I've been thinking the very same thing. I would be happy to offer my
services, but I'm reluctant because I'm writing a new business plan.
I've managed technology development for video games (Atari (yeah, I
hired Craig, but don't hold that against me)), digital TV software mgmt
(Philips) and director of product management at OpenTV (interactive TV),
to name a few.

I really don't know what happened. But, I really enjoy Stef's viewpoint
and am grateful for Stef's contributions to Squeak. (I bet we could
count up the number of emails from Stef and it might be more than anyone
else here! Not that it is a measure of code quality, but a good measure
of contribution.) I know that no one is saying that they don't
appreciate him, just want to state that we wouldn't be this far w/o him
(and Dan, Craig, Andreas, John, Tim, etc... the list is remarkable.)

Maybe we can assess the current situation, determine status, and move on.

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com