About using squeak to script...

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sun Aug 20 17:36:33 UTC 2006

Am 20.08.2006 um 18:52 schrieb Damien Pollet:

> On 8/20/06, Damien Pollet <damien.pollet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On mac I had to run squeak from a command-line by running this:
>
> I had to do that to see the output... I thought it would go to
> system.log or console.log (visible using Console.app or a good ol'
> tail -f) but apparently running apps by double-clicking them is not
> exactly the same as executing the binary from a shell...

On OS X 10.4 you can use either Console.app or

	tail -f /Library/Logs/Console/`id -u`/console.log

This returns nil for me (might ask John, why)

	FileStream fileNamed: '/dev/stdout'

but this works (on the class-side of class StdOut):

	puts: aString
		<cdecl: void 'puts' (char*) module: 'libSystem.dylib'>
		^ExternalFunction externalCallFailed

then

	StdOut puts: 'Hello World'

- Bert -