Distributed Objects?

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Aug 22 13:51:02 UTC 2006

Michael van der Gulik a écrit :
> Rich Warren wrote:
>> Is there any support for distributed objects or sending remote
>> messages in Squeak? I found the socket support, but I'm looking for a
>> more-transparent solution.
>
> Yes, but the quality of projects vary. I don't think there's anything
> out there yet which is production quality yet, but I could be wrong.
>
> See:
>
> - Croquet is probably the best example; you get fancy 3-D stuff for
> free. http://www.opencroquet.org.
>
> - Craig Latta's project, Spoon, does (as far as I know) remote object
> invocation. http://www.netjam.org/spoon. You get a tiny image for free.
>
> - Search this list for the word "remote":
> http://map.squeak.org/packagesbyname. rST is interesting.

There is an ubiquitous framework based on rST here :
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/UbiquiTalk

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##