DES Encryption

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 18:12:33 UTC 2006

You can have more than 1 libc installed, but only one is linked as libc.so, if I recall correctly.   With an alternate libc named libc.3.5.0.so for example (made up numbers) then DESPlugin.so can resolve its external needs.

I tried generating and building the VM and ran into issues.  What you need to do is take a 3.7 or 3.8 image, load Crypto package and then launch VMMaker and generate this plugin external.  You may need to generate all internal with DESPlugin external to meet the platform needs.   Then you can go to the source and build it.  You will need to read the instructions for building the VM on linux for the details.

I hope this helps,
Robert