2D and 3D Function Graphing?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Aug 25 15:33:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 07:49:30AM -0500, David Faught wrote:
> Rich Warren wrote:
>
> >Are there any packages that handle 3d function graphing (like a
> >graphing calculator).
>
> Not that I know of.  There is a 2D data point plotter called PlotMorph
> on SqueakMap at http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/packagesbyname

This turns out to be a very cool package by the way. I used it once
for some data analysis, and discovered to my surprise and delight that
the points on my graph could be clicked to explore the objects behind
them. With a little bit of tweaking, I soon had something that looked
like an ordinary 2-D graph, but it reality was a fully interactive
browser for a complicated set of data. Really nice.

Dave