Recovering from a bad crash...

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Mon Aug 28 10:06:45 UTC 2006

Hi
> I looked at monticello, as I understand it, I don't think it will be a
> big help (at least not that I'm now doing nightly backups of the image
> to my .mac account). My current setup is automated, and monticello
> would force me to manually commit changes, so it would actually be a
> step backwards.
>
> But, I may have missed something important.
I'm pretty sure that could be automated...
By inspecting the save button in MonticelloBrowser
(MCWorkingCopyBrowser) the command is saveVersion. Seeing this message,
I think you could try something like:

yourRepository storeVersion: (MCVersion package: yourMCPackage)

... but I'm not sure at all ;)

Otherwise, saving manually is not really a problem as anyway all changes
in the image are logged in the change file.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

Cédrick