TimeForSpeed - Mantis updates

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Thu Aug 31 12:42:56 UTC 2006

> I have the impression that aconcagua for example is circuventing some
> limits of Brent packages...

Perhaps - no one informs me though.

> So having packages that are not tied to the kernel would make their
> evolution/tests/maintenance easier. What do you think about that?

Nice in theory - hard in practice. The Date and Time classes are heavily used
by the IDE to update the version history and changes files.

So it is hard to simply file-in a replacement package. My original chanset used
all sorts of #become to file in the new classes and then swap over.

Cheers