Traits in use (was Re: Re: Squeak and Namespaces)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 19:05:38 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, J J <azreal1977 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, the inheritance model without them has some real problems.  And finding
> a solution is tough.  C++'s multiple inheritance?  Too complicated.  Java's
> interfaces?  Too much work and code duplication.  So now smalltalk has a
> solution, and IMO the best one.

Is that opinion based on real-world use of Traits?  Now that they've
been in the base image for a decent length of time, I'm curious to
hear of any war stories from using Traits outside of a research
context.  I've never used them in anger myself, so it would be very
interesting to hear from those who have.

Avi