Traits in use (was Re: Re: Squeak and Namespaces)

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Dec 1 22:40:47 UTC 2006

Avi, what about 3.9's

ProtoObject #()
	Object #()

		Behavior #('superclass' 'methodDict' 'format')
			ClassDescription #('instanceVariables' 'organization')
				Class #('subclasses' 'name' 'classPool' 'sharedPools' 'environment'
'category' 'traitComposition' 'localSelectors')
					[ ... all the Metaclasses ... ]
				Metaclass #('thisClass' 'traitComposition' 'localSelectors')

There it is, a particular non-trivial implementation, in form of open
heart surgery ;-)

Okay the work on Collection (in the paper) doesn't count that much *but*
the above is real-world.

/Klaus