[ANN] stable package universe for 3.9

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Dec 3 12:47:50 UTC 2006

"Hernan Tylim" <htylim at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Lex,
>
> I didn't test it but I am pretty sure that loading both KeyBinder and
> KeyMapping its not a good idea.
>
> The reason is that both KeyBinder and KeyMapping modifies Squeak's key event
> handling so I wouldn't be surprised if both modifications conflicts.
>
> The short-term solution is to not load both. I would suggest to use
> KeyMapping instead of KeyBinder because of the fact that it looks more
> complete feature-wise. And because when a I did KeyBinder I only meant it as
> a proof of concept, not as a real application.

I removed KeyBinder and tried loading KeyMapping from SqueakMap, and
it threw an error in the postscript.

At this point, I have removed both packages.  If there's no other word
from anyowe, I'll put KeyBinder back in, because one person did say
they were using that one in 3.9.

Incidentally, if anyone does get KeyMapping working, could you repost
it a nice self-contained Monticello package (or set of packages)
instead of a single smart SAR?  We should not need SAR's for
package-universes installation, because you have a dependency
mechanism available.  Smart SAR's can easily be too smart for their
own good.

-Lex