MinimalMorphic report

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 3 22:04:05 UTC 2006

Hi Pavel,

As a test, I followed your instructions, after step 3) I was first getting
messages into the bottom panel, then obtained:

	- UndefinedObject>>includes:
	- UndefinedObject>>remove:
	- UndefinedObject>>nextPut:
	- UndefinedObject>>isEmpty:
	- UndefinedObject>>position:
	- UndefinedObject>>indexable:
	- UndefinedObject>>do:

I do not know if it makes sense, but for things to proceed, I added those
methods to Object (with somewhat randomly resonable content, such that
returning true for isEmpty).

The nice thing is that, I ended up with Squeak with user interface that seems
basically function, but I assume that is no surprise :)

I have several questions, naive, but let me go through them:

	- First of all when you did the load, did you get the same list
of "Undefined", and what did you do to resolve?

	- What is the process you used to arrive at the combination
of "KernelImage+MinimalMorphicLoader.mcz"? I imagine you started with 3.9 and
kept removing things from Squeak, but removing Morphic, at some point such
process would cut away your user interface, at which point things would go
crazy. So perhaps you have some sort of Workspace program that you "do-it"
and it runs the unload?( in which case it may not matter that the user
interface is being removed) Is it something like that?

	- Also, unload is one thing, but how do you then create
the "MinimalMorphicLoader.mcz", is it that you capture the changeset during
the unload, and then convert it to MCZ?

	- Looking at the result, there are some things missing, for example I do not
see Flaps in the Yellow-click->World Menu, so i assume, that you count flaps
to be part of eToys rather then Morhic. Do you have some guidelines that
define which objects and methods are part of Morphic versus eToys ?

	- When playing with the result, I obtained some errors, for example, when
setting fonts and somehow moving the mouse in a particular way, I get:

		MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>at:ifPresent:

	Are you interested in reporting those problems on Mantis?

Thanks Milan