Squeak and Namespaces

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Dec 4 08:50:28 UTC 2006

Hi!

>>And again, even if there ARE 4 projects using say "Component" - it is
>>not typically so that you happen to have all 4 in your image at the same
>>time.
>
> I'm confused here.  You mean all 4 in different namespaces?  Because if
> so,
> then I can give you an example.  I use Pier.  It pulls in Magritte and
> Seaside.  All three have a Component class.

Sure. We do have a few of these "common words". And they would need to be
shown using :: unless:

- They are used locally (as in "within Seaside" etc), which they are 90%
of the time I guess, so they could be shown short.

- When you *type* them you can still type the short name and it will ask
you which one you mean. And as Todd mentioned we can have the tools
"remember" one of the choices until you explicitly swith to another etc.

regards, Göran