Namespaces; for the record

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Dec 5 19:13:13 UTC 2006

For the record, I think namespaces are gay. =P

They're one of the reasons C++ sucks.
I now deeply regret not speaking up against traits which is now causing
the obvious problems as people begin to try to use them.

The best solution to the problem is to implement something along the
lines of my Sphere operating system that I came up with five years ago.
Squeak used to have a large subset of Sphere functionality in the form
of the class Environment. Use that and partition the system into usable
chunks. -- it really is the best solution. =)

--
People say DOS is not reliable, For me it is as constant as the speed of
light.