Squeak download stats?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue Dec 12 08:13:24 UTC 2006

Hi!

> Thanks. I'll tell my friend that Squeak currently has one user :-)
>
> More seriously, we really don't have any stats for ftp.squeak.org?

Can't ssh right now, but I would presume there are log files to check -
both for HTTP and for FTP, right?

Btw, we could also add some logging to SM. Ehm... it might even be sitting
behind Apache right now (was set up so long ago I don't remember) and if
Apache has logging enabled then we could probably see all "update map"
requests - which should be an interesting key to how many active users we
have - compared to just checking downloads. Of course, all users don't use
SM - but I would presume most *developers* do at least.

> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

regards, Göran