Squeak and Seaside Stability

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Dec 19 16:51:06 UTC 2006

> If it's a networking issue, copies of handle.exe and
> tdimon.exe (both from www.sysinternals.com) may be useful -
> if I recall correctly, they may tell you for what the handles
> are being used.  Then it's a case of reviewing the code that
> opens that kind of thing and seeing whether it disposes of
> the object correctly afterwards - could be a VM issue, could
> be an image issue.
>
> 		- Peter

OK, playing with handle, and seems they are thread handles.

Squeak.exe in task manager has 14,702 handles, 7 threads.

Yet handle -s shows 15000+ Thread handles

Locally, I can see both the handle count and thread count spike when I do a
soap call in a loop forking each call, which would kind of simulate my live
environment, the Seaside app doing soap calls on a forked process and
polling for the result.  Seems somehow I'm leaving thread handles hanging
around, any idea what might cause this or how I can track it down?

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com