Squeak and Seaside Stability

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Dec 19 18:26:25 UTC 2006

Ramon Leon wrote:
> I'm using XP Professional Service Pack 2, and I just reconfirmed that this
> leaks handles for both Squeak 3.8.1 and Squeak 3.9 for me.

Then I need you to debug some more stuff:

1) Which VM are you using?

2) Does the following leak?

      1000 timesRepeat: [NetNameResolver localHostAddress]

3) Does the following leak?
    How fast does it execute?
    How many stars do you get in the transcript?

    addr := NetNameResolver localHostAddress.
    [
      1000 timesRepeat: [
          (NetNameResolver
              nameForAddress: addr
              timeout: 5) ifNil:[Transcript show: '*'].
      ]
    ] timeToRun.

4) If test 3) does leak, increase the timeout to 50 and re-run. Does it
still leak? How fast does it execute?

Cheers,
   - Andreas