Start with a short user story. ( e.g. kbd focus) (from refactoring morphic thread)

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 06:53:57 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 09:15, Chris Muller wrote:
> Bill Schwab wrote:
> Well, the rewards for a touch typist are that it better allows
> "two-handed" interfaces.  One hand on the mouse, the other on the
> keyboard.  Point, keystroke.  Point, keystroke.  Point, keystroke.
> Three things just got done with just six gestures.
Using mouse cursor to set focus makes sense only when accompanied by
buttons, as in click, drag, drop or scroll. Otherwise (like in typing
keys), mouse cursor cannot be relied upon to indicate intention on user's
part. The mouse could moved accidentally. When I am typing in large body
of text, I prefer to keep my hands on the keyboard near the home keys. I
want the focus to be around the text cursor; mouse cursor is irrelevant.
But for click, drag, drop or scroll, the mouse cursor indicates focus.
Text cursor is irrelevant.

Happy Holidays,
K. K. Subbu