sar or mcz?

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Tue Dec 26 22:09:10 UTC 2006

Matin,

I use a .sar for the Squeak version of Chronos, which is available on
SqueakMap.  One reason is simply that Avi still owns the Monticello-based
Chronos package on SqueakSource, meaning I can't update it (and by the way,
Avi only ever uploaded his very initial Chronos port, which will break your
image unless you are using a Squeak version < 3.7.) But more relevant to
this discussion is the fact that the "preamble" and "postscript" scripts in
a .sar make it easy to optionally install some modules (or install different
versions of the same module) based on the version of Squeak into which
Chronos is being imported.  I don't believe Monticello supports that
capability.

--Alan