Remove Changes/Sources files in end-user distribution

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Feb 2 21:31:59 UTC 2006

>>The question is: can I get away with not including either of these files in an installation where some classes/methods will be re-compiled via update streams?
>
>Yes.
>
>>Is there some hidden necessity to having these two files present in the installation?
>
>No.
>
>You might want to look at the Squeakland distribution, it does not include source files either.

Before relying on this, it would be advisable to remove your source files and *then* recompile the entire system (...recompileAll...).  This should work fine, but I don't know that current maintainers do this kind of stress test (it is demanding of the decompiler) at every release.

	- Dan