[Off Topic] Google and fair access to information

Juan Vuletich jmvsqueak at uolsinectis.com.ar
Fri Feb 3 12:52:28 UTC 2006

In http://www.google.com/intl/en/terms_of_service.html we read:

"...Google cannot and does not screen the sites before including them..."

which is good, but afterwards it says:

"... under no circumstances shall Google or its licensors be held liable for
any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from
... riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, ..., floods, storms,
explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or
foreign courts or tribunals, ..."

Mentioning "acts of God" is at least funny, but "governmental actions"
isn't. And they offer no detail on how the fairness of the service is
currently affected, i.e. witch are today's "acts of God" and governmental
actions"?

I guess we must be as careful with google as we are when we watch news on tv
or read a newspaper.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich