Spoon progress 8 February 2006: first Naiad commands working, remote process browser

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Feb 9 02:31:07 UTC 2006

Hi--

	Two new developments:

-	Naiad is Spoon's module system. I wrote previously about a scheme for
using URLs to issue Naiad commands (load a module, make a snapshot,
quit, etc.). The first sample web page with Naiad commands on it is
http://netjam.org/spoon/modules/. (Currently it's only interesting as a
description of the scheme and as an example of a Naiad command URL; you
need the as-yet-unreleased Spoon 1a13 or later to actually run it.)

-	I've built a working remote process browser. This is handy for
manipulating processes in a headless system from afar. I'm using it to
debug a module which removes all non-essential objects from a target
system. With this module, I'll have the liberty of throwing away small
object memories (e.g., if I make some fundamental change that's
difficult to retrofit), since it'll be easy to just make new ones.

	thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta