Use of == for arithmetic equality

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Tue Feb 14 08:58:44 UTC 2006

"Frank Shearar" <frank.shearar at angband.za.org> wrote:

> "Frank Shearar" <frank.shearar at angband.za.org> volunteered:
>
> > "Dan Ingalls" <Dan.Ingalls at Post.Harvard.edu> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > I regret that I don't have time to fix these right now.  However, if
> > > there is a well-intentioned soul out there, he or she will perhaps
> > > find the method below to be quite useful.  It found 165 methods in my
> > > system with this pattern.
> >
> > I'll do it, in my (virgin) 3.9a-6721.
>
> OK, I made a 166kB changeset, and the mail bounced (the attachment was too
> large). That's probably for the best, because it forces me to try make
mcds.

> Now that I know how, I'll post the mcds to Mantis soon. I guess that the
> maintainers of the various packages can take a look at the changes there?

Er, when I make these MCDs (mark the repository as storing diffs, hit the
Save button) my image (3.9a-6721) pops up a never-ending sequence of
"Diffing..." messages, but never seems to stop. I mean, I'm trying to save
the Collections mcd, which altered about 10 or so methods, and the saving
process has already taken 7 minutes! Am I doing something crazily wrong?

My previous attempt was on the Traits package, and that took at least an
hour before I gave up.

Is there a way to split up a ChangeSet into a set of per-package change
sets? Then I can post those to Mantis instead of MCDs.

frank