Posting Fixes (was Re: Use of == for arithmetic equality)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Feb 14 13:49:03 UTC 2006

Am 14.02.2006 um 13:06 schrieb Cees De Groot:

> On 2/14/06, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at angband.za.org> wrote:
>> Ah, OK. I thought that fixes were supposed to go to Mantis first,
>> then to
>> inbox after the fixes had been vetted. I'm sorry if I've made more
>> work for
>> everyone!
>>
> Yes, you're right. And Bert isn't ;-). Package teams should be the
> only ones that publish to the integration inbox, because they are the
> ones that decide whether a package version is integration-ready or
> not. So putting them on Mantis is the correct action (Mantis is in
> effect the inbox of the package teams).

Well, the wiki entry at http://source.squeakfoundation.org/inbox.html
still says

"This is a place for code to be posted for possible inclusion in
3.9alpha (and future Squeak versions). The code can be referenced
from a Mantis submission."

Seems I didn't notice the change of rules in the mean time.

Also, I'd prefer directly publishing to a MC repository rather than
uploading to Mantis.

- Bert -