Posting Fixes (was Re: Use of == for arithmetic equality)

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Feb 14 15:22:04 UTC 2006

On 14 févr. 06, at 16:13, Cees De Groot wrote:

> On 2/14/06, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at angband.za.org> wrote:
>> Er, so should I save the in-image package MCZs to the inbox
>> repository? Or
>> will whoever manages the inbox grab the MCZs from the Mantis bug
>> report?
>>
> Neither. The regular flow is community -> mantis -> package team ->
> inbox -> release team. In that way, we ensure that the package team
> controls what is released and when, plus that they don't need to look
> left and right for inbound stuff. And it keeps the inbox clean (which
> helps the release team in evaluating how much stuff is available
> there).
>
> It's all a bit harder with this new system for cross-cutting patches,
> but that's the trade-off we made when moving to the team model (and,
> with it, giving the team ultimate responsibility for what is released
> - responsibility and control go hand in hand here, as they should)

Sure cees
this is working well for simple package oriented fixes.
But now it would be good that we get the changes! Look at the Network
team for example. Should frank stack that in the team and we get
something
in the future (instead of now and getting done).
And each team can do a merge after. Else we can have endless
discussions.
See the Fix of TextAnchor of lukas.

Stef