Posting Fixes (was Re: Use of == for arithmetic equality)

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Feb 14 17:51:07 UTC 2006

On 14 févr. 06, at 16:41, Andreas Raab wrote:

> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>> Sure cees
>> this is working well for simple package oriented fixes.
>> But now it would be good that we get the changes! Look at the Network
>> team for example. Should frank stack that in the team and we get
>> something
>> in the future (instead of now and getting done).
>
> Given that this code does neither have any cross-cutting
> requirements and doesn't even fix anything that's broken I don't
> see why you have the urge to push this in right now. As a matter of
> fact, I'm somewhat concerned about these changes and would like
> them to be reviewed - there are various places where the pattern
> "foo == 0" is absolutely appropriate and where #= should *not* be
> used and I wonder whether these places have been taken into account
> properly.

Indeed you are right. So have a look and let us know.
I still think that this is important that we find a process to
	- give fast feedback on changes
	- find a way for cross cutting changes.

>> And each team can do a merge after. Else we can have endless
>> discussions.
>> See the Fix of TextAnchor of lukas.
>
> Where was this endless discussion?

Endless or no discussion is not the same?
I sent a post then I got no reaction (not even a complain :)), so
we included it since this was blocking lukas for enh for icons
support in browser.
and we did not want to have code rot when this is simple.