Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:24:11 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Some numbers:

- Subscribers to squeak-dev: 1401.
- Certified Squeak People accounts: 237.

That is *not* a good ratio. It means that our voting registry will
have some 15-20% of people on squeak-dev, so even if everyone on SqP
votes it will still be a small minority who will have backed the
"institution" SqF.

Please, please - go to http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ and create
an account if you haven't done so. Add a pointer to your homepage
and/or a small description, for me that's been enough so far to at
least recognize someone as being a "real person" which for me triggers
certification to at least Apprentice, which is what you need to be in
the voting registry.

I want a strong board that can make decisions knowing that they're
backed by a substantial number of Squeakers. And 15% ain't
substantial, in my eyes...

Regards,

Cees