https?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:32:39 UTC 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 11:19 AM, Todd Blanchard wrote:

> I like that I can say 'http://www.somthing.com' asUrl
> retrieveContents.  This is cool.
>
> I wish I could say 'https://www.securesomething.com' asUrl
> retrieveContents and have it work.  I've heard of stunnel and am
> just beginning to read the docs.  It seems to have a glimmer of a
> chance to let me do this (I'm using the Unix VM) but I thought I'd
> check and see if anyone had something all built already.

Stunnel will let you forward a local port to a single, explicitly
configured HTTPS connection (so that you would say 'http://localhost:
10001' asUrl retrieveContents and it would get translated into a
request to https://www.securesomething.com).  Another option that
should work is to configure an HTTP proxy to translate HTTPS requests
into HTTP requests - it seems like apache + mod_ssl + mod_proxy
should be able to do this though I've never quite got it working
myself.  The nicest option IMO would be to write a plugin for libcurl...

Avi