Election started!

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Mon Feb 20 15:05:13 UTC 2006

Vaidotas Didþbalis wrote:
> Hello,
> What is the method of calculating winners? Can I rank 5 people with
> rank #1 and leave other candidates without rank?

That would completely waste your vote, because only ranking differences
are counted. The best thing to do IMO is to use all ranks from 1 to 10
so that every candidate gets a unique rank.

This way you can not only support your favorites, but lower the chances
of people you don't want to become members of the board, too. So, if you
don't want a specific person being elected, put him at rank 10. The used
counting method models not only electing, it is "de-electing", too.

Moreover, assigning all possible ranks helps your favorites more than
ranking only them. You have to distinguish them from the rest. Ranking
all candidates uniquely will cause the biggest effect.

Regards,
Martin