KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Feb 21 16:01:31 UTC 2006

On 21.02.2006, at 16:53, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> karl a écrit :
>> Hilaire Fernandes skrev:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am looking for KEDAMA to try it on a 3.8 image but I cannot
>>> find it in the WEB. Any one with an URL I can try?
>>>
>>> Hilarie Fernandes
>>>

>> http://www.squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPluginImage-dev.zip
>> This is the dev image for Squeakland, 3.8 something including kedama
>> Karl
>
> Thanks for the tip Karl.
>
> I saw it is in the EToys-StarSqueak category, I file-out it and
> file-in in Squeak3.8. However when opening a KEDAMA area I got
> error (see included error log). I am not sure about the
> cure, but may be there is already plan for it...
>
> I was believing Kedama needs an external plug-in but there is none
> in the squeak-plugin or may be it is inlcuded with the VM, right?

I plugin likely, and then squeakland 3.8 is *not* Squeak 3.8, it has
seen hundreds of patches and enhancements (Kedama is one of them),
So to get it to run in 3.8, it would be best to re-integrate all the
SqueakLand changesets (ca. 150).

There are plans to do this for 3.8.1 (and 3.9a), but integrating
these numbers patches at once is quite time-consuming, so nobody has
done
that till now.

      Marcus