Squeak in more than 8000 teachers and kids laptops, need for i18n

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Tue Feb 21 16:23:38 UTC 2006

Yoshiki Ohshima a écrit :
>   Hilaire,
>
>   It is me who is doing Kedama.

Thanks for your answer.

>   This may not be a good thing to suggest, but have you considered
> using the latest Squeakland?  It would be an idea to use something
> that is already packaged for end-users.

Why not. Our requierment is to be able to use it as a standalone
application (without the need of Internet access for home use), then of
course we need it in French. Eventually the components which can not be
localized in French will be droped, otherwise I will have trouble with
the teachers to use it.

>   The latest version of Kedama is not exactly packaged, but a big base
> changeset + a dozen of small patches for Squeakland.  The porting
> effort from Squeakland to Squeakland 3.8 shouldn't be too big, but may
> not be too trivial.

Do you mean from Squeakland to Squeak 3.8 or exactly Squeakland 3.7 to
Squeakland 3.8?

And what about a Monticello package, I think it could be very handy
especially to work on a common base to mark string for i18n.

>   When do you want to have it?

Deadline is end of may.

Hilaire Fernandes