Squeak on PDA

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Tue Feb 21 20:32:37 UTC 2006

So, actually, it looks like there are a couple of methods related to
UDP (sendUDPData / receiveUDPData) that does not run correctly. Michaël
spent a lot of time trying to find this out.

BTW, the context is about ad hoc networks, service discovery, group
multi-cast (IGMP based)...
We (Douai's team) will make an annoucement soon. So, keep reading
squeak-dev ;-)

Noury
Le 21 févr. 06, à 12:33, Guillaume Grondin a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> The error was a failure of the primitive
> Socket>>primSocket:sendUDPData:toHost:port:startIndex:count:
>
> ****** Socket>>sendUDPData:toHost:port: ******
>
> sendUDPData: t1 toHost: t2 port: t3
>    | t4 t5 t6 |
>    t4 := t1 size.
>    t5 := 0.
>    [t5 < t4]
>        whileTrue: [(self waitForSendDoneFor: 20)
>                ifFalse: [ConnectionTimedOut signal: 'send data
> timeout; data not sent'].
>            t6 := self
>                        primSocket: socketHandle
>                        sendUDPData: t1
>                        toHost: t2
>                        port: t3
>                        startIndex: t5 + 1
>                        count: t4 - t5.
>            t5 := t5 + t6].
>    ^ t5
>
> However, it seems that there is no failure anymore when using
> sendData: instead of sendUDPData.
>
> Guillaume
>
> Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>> Guillaume,
>>
>> Would you like explain what was the problem with socket on PocketPC ?
>>
>> Noury
>> Le 20 févr. 06, à 22:50, Yoshiki Ohshima a écrit :
>>
>>>   Hello,

>>>   Hmm.  I used to do socket programming with the VM on Pocket PC
>>> (iPAQ
>>> 3600 and friends.)  Some things may have changed since then,