[ANN] Free Seaside-Hosting online

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:17:54 UTC 2006

Hi Arduino,

> I've registered an account and uploaded an image without problems.
> Thanks by this possibility to try for free seaside applications!.

thanks for the feedback.

> My application start usually in port 10000, by example:
>
> http://www.arsol.net:10000/seaside/Promoter but in your hosting
>
> "automagically" start as http://gsa.seasidehosting.st/Promoter (after
> that, inside the app, the url become as:
> http://gsa.seasidehosting.st/seaside/Promoter).
>
> How is achieved this behavior (The no need to state the port number
> nor the "/seaside" part of the url)?

All the hosted applications run on the same machine, therefor we have
to take care of the ports. When starting an image we pass it a
startup-script to ensure it listens on the right port. Apache takes
care to forward the request from the virtual-host to the right Squeak
image. You can find some tips and tricks about configuring the
access-paths in the FAQ.

Have fun,
Lukas

--