Squeak on PDA

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Wed Feb 22 15:08:18 UTC 2006

Le 22 févr. 06, à 09:12, Lord Zealon a écrit :

> >> Together with people from Douai, I made some experiment.
> >> The VM is tagged alpha. So, it is supposed incomplete.
> >> For instance, there is no socket support.
> >
> >I've certainly done socket stuff on a Dell Axim PDA (XScale) using
> this VM,
> >and it worked just fine...
>
> But what i need to run squeak in my ipaq? As i mentioned, it runs very
> big, and i don't know how change this. Somebody can send me an image
> that runs good?

You don't need a "special" image. Just open your image on your computer
and put morph or views you're willing to use on your pda at the top
left most corner. Then save and quit.
Of course, your views need to be small enough to fit into the PDA
screen.
BTW, don't forget to make a button for quitting. It's very useful,
otherwise, you'll need to
scroll somhow (with the keyboard usually) the world menu...

BTW, your image should not be more than 12 MBytes. It's a maximum that
is hardcoded into the VM for some reason.
Can someone explain why we have this? Can't we remove it?
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org