Alt-key on Pocket PC

Guillaume Grondin grondin at ensm-douai.fr
Fri Feb 24 10:33:02 UTC 2006

Hi.

Pocket PC's VMs are available http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/WinCE.
The installation procedure is explained (For example, you can use the vm:
SqueakVM-alpha6-030206-PPC2002-ARM).

It works fine with a basic image of Squeak3.7 (cf. the size of the image must
be
less than 10 MB). You can put the VM and the image wherever you want (main
memory or SD-CARD).

Concerning the "alt-key" problem, if you want to evaluate (do it, copy/paste,
etc) an expression, you can use the "button" which is on the upper-righ of each
window (e.g. workspace or browser):
it is a little square that is just above the "up button" of the slider control
of the current window. This little square button emulates the second button of a
mouse in squeak.

Another solution consists in using "Remote Display Control for Pocket PC". This
tool allows you to use your PDA through your mouse/keyboard while connected to
your desktop or laptop personal computer. Thus, you can use more easily
"alt-key" combinations. This tool is freely available for download at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downloads/ppctoys.mspx#EGAA.

I hove I have helped.
Guillaume Grondin