squeak & support for video?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Fri Feb 24 12:07:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:54:53 +0100, "Ragnar Hojland Espinosa"
<ragnar at ragnar-hojland.com> wrote:

> Jon, i threw the capture along with a Form displayOn: Display in a
> simple while loop and it's really slow. Do you think the FFI is the
> responsible, and the performance hit could be avoided by converting it
> to a plugin?

No, the performance hit is converting their pixel format into our pixel
format, which could also be fixed by switching this to a plugin and doing
that part in C.

If you end up doing a plugin for this, I'd be very interested in getting
it...

Later,
Jon