Very, very preliminary port of Chronos to Squeak published to SqueakMap

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 06:16:39 UTC 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 10:09 PM, Alan Lovejoy wrote:

> Avi Bryant is currently working on a port of Chronos to Squeak. He
> has published a Monticello package to SqueakMap that contains a
> very preliminary port.  It is very much a "work in progress." When
> Avi is satisfied that the port is sufficiently functional and
> stable, he will make a general announcement to that effect.  No
> promises have been made with respect to when a version suitable for
> general use may become available, nor is there any commitment to
> provide all the same functionality as is available from the
> VisualWorks version. Of course, nothing prevents others from
> contributing improvements/enhancements in addition to whatever Avi
> publishes.

Alan, thanks for the detailed post, it saves me from having to write
one.  Yes, for now I've only done a very preliminary port, but I do
intend to keep working on it as time permits.  It's actually quite a
testament to how portably Chronos was written that as much works as
it does given the small amount of effort and code that I put in.  If
anyone would like to help flesh the port out, let me know.

Avi