1 day left for Squeak elections!

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sat Feb 25 08:54:45 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker a écrit :

> On 24.02.2006, at 12:05, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
>> Marcus Denker puso en su mail :
>>
>>> It is of course the decision of the new SqF board what to do with
>>> 3.9a, if the
>>> board decides that it is complete crap, they should throw it away.
>> If 3.9 was the good product what you believe, what its the logic of a
>> 3.8.1
>> release ?
>>

> Bugfixes? Every software project in the world does this: There are
> stable and unstable
>  branches of Linux, for example.
> This is industry practice, and good one. It was just ignored by the
> Squeak community until now.

We also need like Linux a maintainer for the stable and the unstable
branches. When the 3.9 stable version will be out, we have to find
someone (or a team) for doing 3.9.1, 3.9.2, ... versions.

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##