Election results

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Sun Feb 26 20:37:52 UTC 2006

> From: Cees De Groot
> But still, I don't like this particular bit of the outcome at all -
> one of the hardest-working guys on the board didn't get re-elected.

Yes.  That surprised me somewhat.  Ken's done many of the grubby jobs
that nobody else picked up, and he certainly gets my thanks for
soldiering on even when the team around him hasn't necessarily done as
much as he has.

> That means that either the community does not want hard-working people
> on the board, or - more likely - that there's a disconnect here.

My guess is that there's a disconnect here.  I think a number of people
see 'the board' as setting Squeak's future technical direction as well
as / instead of its co-ordination role, and that they have chosen to
elect people who are going in a technical direction that they prefer.

If we are aiming to keep a technical community from fragmenting, this
may not be a bad election outcome.  If we are aiming to move forwards in
a specific organisational direction, it may well be poor.  If we're
aiming to do both... well, I suspect the election just set some
priorities!

		- Peter

P.S. I'm glad the voters showed due diligence and placed me last!