Election results

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Feb 27 08:27:15 UTC 2006

Hi all!

"Cees De Groot" <cdegroot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/27/06, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:
> > There were two things that I didn't like about the election.
> >
> Thanks for the comments, Ron - most appreciated and I think you're
> right about the 'campaign' thing.

Yes. Since I was a current board member I didn't really feel that it was
appropriate for me to express my views on the candidates.
In retrospect - perhaps it would have been fine, I don't know. I felt it
was very important that the squeak-dev community felt that this election
really was proper and not in any way "tampered" with by the current
board and its members.

> All: please spout your dissatisfaction with the elections here. Or say
> that you liked it just fine. It will provide very necessary feedback
> for the Elections team.
>
> > We might also consider Board Member Emeritus status, which might include
> > rights to the board list and encouragement to participate in discussions but
> > with no voting rights.  Just a thought.
>
> Agreed. I'd like the retired members to form a sort of advisory
> council, chiming in whenever asked or whenever they feel it's
> necessary. How exactly this will take shape, we'll need to see (for
> starters, the new emeritii need to accept the position ;-))

We could have a separate board-emeritus list and the board could then CC
to it whenever they feel they want to get feedback etc.

regards, Göran