Squeak communicating with Linux robots

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:51:51 UTC 2006

I just read an article in Linux Magazine about Linux robots
(http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/65 and
http://www.linuxrobots.org).  The robot is connected to a network via
an onboard WLAN card.  You SSH into the computer on the robot, execute
some C code (which hooks into the robot's libraries called
'librobot'), and botta-boom-botta-bing -- the robot moves.

I thought it would be neat to write a layer that would translate E-Toy
scripts into C in order to enable kids to control a robot from Squeak.
 However, I have no clue how to "export" E-Toys scripts.  Maybe that
is the wrong tack altogether.  Perhaps all I need is a plugin or FFI
that would interface with the librobot C code.  Am I on the right
path, or is it more complicated than that?

--
Jason Rogers

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    Proverbs 29:18