PortAudio

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sun Jan 1 19:28:59 UTC 2006

Bob.Cowdery at CGI-Europe.com wrote:

> I know someone was working on a port of PortAudio to Squeak. Just
> wondered how far its got and if there is anything usable yet.

I have been working on it, on and off. It's not as far along as I'd like
it to be.
I've been able to:
 set up the plugin to make it and test it (the hardest so far!)
 conduct a couple of tests -- calling portaudio individual tests: (play
a sine wave, record a buffer and play back that recording)

I was in the middle of creating individual portaudio methods and finding
out the best way to split responsibilities between squeak and the plugin
when I as interrupted by other (bill-paying) projects.  All in Linux, BTW.

Answer to your question: nothing usable. (Unless you want to help!)

brad