Steward teams

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jan 1 23:46:57 UTC 2006

Hi Cees -

I think there are some areas where this can work but you have to be
careful to group the right things together. Like, for example, Morphic
and MVC are inherently incompatible from my point of view, because they
are so different and historically, people who have an interest in one
tend to have not too much of an interest in the other. The "core class
library" (whatever that may be) might make some more sense here.

OTOH, why force the matter? If you think that Files and Network should
be combined into a single team, you can propose that right now. There
isn't really a need to make a top-down decision by saying "these are the
teams and that's it". Also, I'm not sure I follow your concerns - it
seems to me that we really don't have quite enough experience to say
what works and what doesn't, so maybe we should give the current setup a
bit of time to see if it works out.

So bottom line is that I think I'm neutral on the overall idea but I am
strictly against forcing a decision top-down (like "defining" a UI team
that consists of Morphic and MVC) since I think that this decision is
best left to the people doing the work.

Cheers,
   - Andreas