[Help] How do I find out who has to sign off on ST80 changes?

Matej Košík kosik at fiit.stuba.sk
Mon Jan 2 08:37:54 UTC 2006

Peace Jerome wrote:
> An important bug fix is now ready to be published into
> squeak.
> The morphic team has looked at it and the hitch is
> that not all of the fix fits into morphic.
> Because I want to control where a popup menu pops up I
> had to make two almost trivial extentions to
> CustomMenu.
> So how do I find the team leader who does the signing
> off on that?
> -----
> The general problem is that as a coder I will know the
> name of the class I am changing. I can find the name
> of the package asking for a browser. After that I am
> stuck.
> How do I find the team the package belongs to?
> Yes I know this is doable easily for salient packages.
> But not all named packages have obvious teams. This is
> a confusion that begs to be resolved.
> My patron hates for me to  spent time debugging
> beauracracy when he'd rather I be debugging code.
> ------
> Thanks for your help.
> Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

Hi Jerome

If I opened the "Monticello Browser". There is a "ST80" package (btw. it
brings CustomMenu to the image). Beside each of the package name you can
see particular "initials" (the string people enter when Squeak ask for
them after the first attempt to save a method in a fresh image). Maybe
this is what you want. Real person can be then easily tracked.

(just a guess in the hope that it will help you)

- --
Matej Kosik
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)